NOVEMBER 8 – 10, 2012
2012 film submissions are open.
Bronx International Film Festival (BXFF) prefers online entries submitted via Withoutabox.com, which provides cost-saving, paperless submission to film festivals around the world. Withoutabox’s internet-only submission platform features online applications via one master entry form, online fee payments, press kits, and the option to use Secure Online Screeners, an economical, eco-friendly, and secure alternative to traditional hard-copy DVD submissions. Fill out one master entry form and take advantage of quick entry, extended deadlines, and powerful submission management tools. There’s no extra cost to you, and by submitting, you’ll join Withoutabox’s global filmmaker community and stay in the loop about international exhibition opportunities. Click to submit your film today!
Discounts and extended deadline available when submitting via Withoutabox.
FAQs, ELIGIBILITY AND SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
* We accept narrative, documentary, animation and experimental films.
* Your submission must be original work not commercially exhibited or distributed prior to The Bronx International Film Festival (BXFF); submission and screening at other festivals is fine. You must have all clearances and rights and have full authority to submit the project.
* Running Time:
Short Films: maximum 29 minutes
Feature: minimum 30 minutes
* DEADLINES: Postmarked by August 24, 2012 for early submissions; August 31, 2012 for regular submissions; September 7, 2012 for late submissions and September 14, 2012 final.
* Your preview submission must be submitted via WithoutABox secure online screener or on DVD formatted for North American/Zone 1 DVD players. Please test your DVD for compatibility before submitting.
* If submitting a preview DVD, please label each DVD with project title, contact information and running time.
* DO NOT MAIL a press kit with your DVD submission. Only digital press kits through WithoutABox will be accepted with submissions. If you film is accepted and you've submitted your film on DVD with a mail-in from, we will request a digital press kit at that time.
* PAYMENT: If not submitting though WithoutABox.com, we accept payment via PayPal or checks payable in U.S. Funds to: The BRONX STAGE & FILM Company. If you would like to make a credit card payment, make your payment first by going to the online payment form tab. There you will find the short film or feature film payment option, which will bring you to our PayPal payment page. You do not need to have a PayPal account to complete your payment. Keep the Transaction ID emailed to you in the confirmation. Enter this Transaction ID during on the mail-in submission form. If paying by physical check, write the film's title in the memo area of the check and be sure to include the check number on the mail-in form. Entry fee is non-refundable. (Fee may be waived for film students who reside in The Bronx.)
* Clearly label each preview DVD with film title, contact information and running time.
* Foreign language films must have English subtitles.
* If you submitted a film in 2011, but were not selected for screening, you may resubmit your work provided you have made notable changes to the film.
* You may submit a rough-cut provided your film will be completed no later than two weeks before the Festival.
* You may submit more than one film; however, each submission must have a separate entry form and applicable fee.
* Every precaution will be taken in handling all entries; however, the Festival producers, staff, sponsors and affiliated entities will not be liable for any loss or damage of your film at any time during shipping or handling.
* If you would like to receive a confirmation of your mail-in form and DVD, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If your film is chosen for screening, you will be notified via email no later than October 1, 2012.
* You will be responsible for uploading your film in .mov or mpeg format for Festival exhibition by October 15, 2012.
* By submitting your film, you give The Bronx Independent Film Festival permission to show your film during the festival and use your film, stills, synopsis, bio and other press kit material, supplied by you, to promote the festival.
* Mailing address:
BXFF/Bronx Stage & Film
P.O. Box 580-179
Bronx, NY 10458
If not submitting through Withoutabox, please download a BXFF 12 SUBMISSION FORM.Questions? Email email@example.com